Biltmore Blooms is a special event that kicks off the spring season beginning March 21 through May 31. This event showcases the artistry and natural beauty of tulips, azaleas, and numerous other flowers. This year offers guests a special treat reminiscent of the opportunity had by the guests of George and Edith Vanderbilt. For the first time, Biltmore guests can step down in to the Winter Garden for an intimate view of exotic orchids on display. Some of the plants in the display are the same species that were planned for the Biltmore Conservancy in 1894. The outdoor landscaping displays a beautiful progression of blooms from tulips to pansies, azaleas and many more. You can visit the Annual Bloom Calendar for what you can see during all the seasons of the year at the Biltmore.
In addition to the festival of flowers, Biltmore Blooms hosts an array of other activities. Below are the locations, dates, times and events.
Antler Hill Village:
- Music on the Bandstand: 4:00 p.m.–8:45 p.m. March 23, 24, 30, 31 and daily in April and May
- Grape Stomp at the Winery: 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m., March 21–May 31
- Exhibition in The Biltmore Legacy—The Vanderbilts at Home and Abroad
- Floral Displays, daily; Winter Garden orchid display open to guests March 21–April 7
- Classical music near the Winter Garden. 30 minute sets beginning at 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, daily, March 21–May 19
- Live 30 minute music sets at 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 daily, March 21–May 19
- Ask a Gardner Station 11:00a.m.–4:00p.m., Saturdays and Sundays only, March 21–May 19
- A Gardener's Place Seminars, March 21–May 19:
1:00 — Smell Good Plants (plants and foliage)
2:00 — Terrariums, gardening under glass
3:00 — Organic fertilizing
stay locally in an Asheville vacation rental. Enjoy a home-away-from-home during your vacation while enjoying all of the benefits of being close and convenient to Asheville's favorite places of interest. Take some time to create some personal favorites of your very own.
Share your favorite Asheville places with us in our comment section. We'd love to hear about them. We hope to see you soon!